Saturday, May 28, 2005

Purple Martins

Now here are some birds I love. They show up between February and March and stay until late summer, all the while eating plenty of bugs. I like to hear their song - kind of a squawk mixed with a chirp. I got some pictures of a nest and of a baby on the nest.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a sparrow's nest. They are my second least-favorite bird after starlings.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My wife reminded me though that God knows when one of them falls from the sky.

Matthew 10:29
"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?