Saturday, May 28, 2005

Mockingbirds

I love birds. I love to watch them, to listen to their song and I even love to feed them...Unless you're talking about my tomatoes. The Mockingbird is the state bird of Texas and they just love tomatoes. Each year I have to construct a cage to keep them out of the ripening tomatoes. They will peck them full of holes and destroy the crop if I'm not careful.

Needless to say, until today I haven't been careful and have lost my first two ripe tomatoes to the birds! That's it you varmits...I'm taking control now!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A days picking: Poblano Peppers, Banana Peppers, Bell Peppers, and Jalapenos -with a few cukes thrown in for good measure.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?